Jun 18, 2011

[Movie] Mr. Popper's Penguins

Penguins are my favorite animal ever, and Jim Carrey is one of my favorite comedians, so watching a movie that mixed both these elements just seemed to make sense to me… and it did, of course. This movie is for sure not one of his best (I still reserve that title for "The Truman Show", but it was still quite up there (for me, that is).
While i was expecting a maybe wackier and zanier adventure, which is the kind of comedy Mr. Carrey has gotten us used to, i still enjoyed this lighter and absolutely family-oriented flick very much. In it, we see the main character, a New York-based businessman, inheriting one penguin from his late father, then getting five extra ones by a huge confusion caused while trying to return the first one. The rest of the movie just shows him trying to adapt to his new situation, specially since it turns out to bring his estranged family back together.


Since this is a family movie, there's never really much drama or conflict in the plot, and what little there is, it's comedic at most. Even the "evil" zookeeper was a cool and sorta kind guy in the end. And speaking of ends, the conclusion of the film was just perfect for me, as it's one of my personal dreams to visit Antarctica one day :)


All in all, i'd recommend this movie to those looking to spend an hour and half of relaxation and free of drama, but if you're looking for depth and surprise elements, you definitely won't find them here. I, for one, had a nice time with this super easy to watch movie, it may not do it for everyone, but it definitely did it for me.


Tags:
0 Comments
Disqus
Comments FB
Comments :

© 2015 Max Kroven's Reviews . All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks - Modified by Max Kroven