Jun 8, 2013

[Movie] The Purge (sucks hard!)


Words fail me to describe how BAD this movie is, so much that I didn't even think I'd write a review for it... it's the first time I'm giving a ZERO rating to anything, and if I could give it a minus number, I would: that's how terrible this film is.

Where to start? The premise? Laughable! So, one day a year where all crime is allowed, except killing important politicians, solves all of society's problems?? Really? Yeah, if you could kill a senator or a President who is not doing a good job, yeah, maybe.. but that's not even allowed during the Purge, so what gives? Just the main concept of the movie makes everything else go downhill from there.

The acting? Worst I've seen in decades! What ever happened to Ethan Hawke? I don't remember him being such a bad actor in previous films… maybe he had to lower his acting level to match everyone else's in this crapfest?? Whoever played the wife was just sooo bad at acting, and so were the children… oh, wait, right: having the 18-year-old girl be wearing her "sexy" catholic schoolgirl outfit the entire movie, in order to lure the perverts in? Cheesy move. And the boyfriend, who had no relevance in the movie whatsoever, and who probably was there just to target teenage girls?  The casting for this was just so horribly bad, I mean, how was this movie a box office "success" is just beyond me…




The plot elements? So they made the little kid be a pacifist and so he harbors a fugitive from the purge, which starts the whole mess.. then they torture the poor guy7 in order to get him to cooperate to get him out of the house, then they ALL turn into moralmongers and go "oh no, we're better than, let's kill a lot of people instead of just one". Ah yeah, the Purgers! So they wear masks, even though there's no need, as all crime is legal for 12 hours, but still they felt the need to hide their faces, except for their polite leader, who's too cool for masks.. and then the neighbors trying to kill family just because they made a lot of money selling them their security systems, and then the black guy (yeah, they had to make the main victimized guy be black) saves the day, dad dies, the end.



I really had to put up with this just to write this review, I was ready to call it quits barely 20 minutes into the movie, and that still was too long a time for me. I'm not gonna say this is the worst movie I've ever watched, but it definitely ranks up there at the top. And they're gonna make a sequel? This world is definitely going to the pits…



Tags:
0 Comments
Disqus
Comments FB
Comments :

© 2015 Max Kroven's Reviews . All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks - Modified by Max Kroven