Oct 8, 2011

[Movie] Perfect Sense


I have no idea what drew me to watch this movie… can't remember if I saw a trailer, or if it was a recommendation, but I can't believe I almost missed one of the best movies I've ever seen. Not one of my favorites, BUT one of the best, nonetheless.

In a novel and original take on an eventual apocalypse, people all over the world start losing their senses one by one, with smell and taste being the first ones to go. Heavy human emotions precede each loss, and when most of your senses are gone, it's pretty much lights out for everyone. Literally.

WHAT TO LOVE
This film is one of those perfect examples that as long as you have a good plot idea and know how to properly unfold it, you don't need giant budgets to produce an outstanding and moving work of art. You get a good "sense" (see what i did there?) of what the characters are feeling as they're losing their smell, taste and hearing, and brings everything to a perfect close when the whole world goes blind. Just magnificent. Oh, and the soundtrack: simply amazing.



WHAT TO HATE
In some movies, such as this, I lament having this "what to hate" section, because really, for me to say this is one of the best movies I've ever seen, doesn't leave almost any room for anything bad to say about it. Maybe the fact they didn't show the loss of the touch sense before the loss of sight? But I'm just grasping for straws here, there's pretty much nothing to hate here.

WHAT TO IGNORE
After Susan realizes that all the nasty things that Michael said to her just before losing his hearing were only because of the disease, she still doesn't go back to him. This probably was done so the ending of the movie was even more emotion-filled, but, it was just a very small detail in an otherwise impeccable plot.


 THE VERDICT
Like I said before, this is one of the best made movies I've ever seen, but I do realize it may not be for everyone. But if you're into intelligent story lines and involved plot development, by all means check this film out. Hope you'll be as delighted as I was.



Tags: ,
0 Comments
Disqus
Comments FB
Comments :

0 Responses to “ [Movie] Perfect Sense ”

Post a Comment

Remember to click on "Notify me" if you wanna keep track of replies to your comments!

© 2015 Max Kroven's Reviews . All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks - Modified by Max Kroven